OUR MISSION

The purpose of the Pump House Center for the Arts is to provide art gallery space for significant visual exhibitions, original art, art education and participation for all ages, activities relating to all arts, special community and private rental events, and to welcome the whole community with free admission supported by memberships and by sponsorship reflecting the generosity of the community.
HISTORY

The Pump House Center for the Arts is housed in the former Pumping Station of the Chillicothe Water and Sewer Co. It was constructed in 1883 for the distribution of the water from deep wells located in the park to a reservoir situated on Carlisle Hill. In March 1977, the Pump House was placed on the Ohio History Inventory. On November 15, 1979, it was listed in the National Register of Historic Places kept by the U.S. Department of Interior The Pump House was used by the Jaycees groups for its annual Haunted House fundraiser until it was condemned in 1984 as unsafe.

A group of artists, preservationists, and an attorney formed a coalition to restore and preserve the building. In 1986, City Council designated the Pump House as part of the city's Preservation District.

The rooms were transformed into a beautiful art gallery where works could be displayed. The Pump House is an example of Victorian Gothic architecture, featuring a large central tower, Palladian windows, common-bond brick, and a low-pitched, hipped slate roof.
OUR COMMUNITY

The Pump House Center for the Arts provides community members numerous ways to make the most of our services including events, links, and contact information. To help increase awareness and build upon our success, we have provided a list of featured members below.
VOLUNTEER

The Pump House front desk is run by volunteers. Volunteers are asked to work one (1) two-and-a-half hour shift each month, or as often as they wish. For more information about becoming a volunteer, please contact us today!
OUR MISSION

The purpose of the Pump House Center for the Arts is to provide art gallery space for significant visual exhibitions, original art, art education and participation for all ages, activities relating to all arts, special community and private rental events, and to welcome the whole community with free admission supported by memberships and by sponsorship reflecting the generosity of the community.
HISTORY

The Pump House Center for the Arts is housed in the former Pumping Station of the Chillicothe Water and Sewer Co. It was constructed in 1883 for the distribution of the water from deep wells located in the park to a reservoir situated on Carlisle Hill. In March 1977, the Pump House was placed on the Ohio History Inventory. On November 15, 1979, it was listed in the National Register of Historic Places kept by the U.S. Department of Interior The Pump House was used by the Jaycees groups for its annual Haunted House fundraiser until it was condemned in 1984 as unsafe.

A group of artists, preservationists, and an attorney formed a coalition to restore and preserve the building. In 1986, City Council designated the Pump House as part of the city's Preservation District.

The rooms were transformed into a beautiful art gallery where works could be displayed. The Pump House is an example of Victorian Gothic architecture, featuring a large central tower, Palladian windows, common-bond brick, and a low-pitched, hipped slate roof.
OUR COMMUNITY

The Pump House Center for the Arts provides community members numerous ways to make the most of our services including events, links, and contact information. To help increase awareness and build upon our success, we have provided a list of featured members below.
VOLUNTEER

The Pump House front desk is run by volunteers. Volunteers are asked to work one (1) two-and-a-half hour shift each month, or as often as they wish. For more information about becoming a volunteer, please contact us today!